VP Logistics, Marketplace Partnership
WoNew York, US
What we’re looking for
At Front Row, we partner with leading brands to accelerate their ecommerce growth. We leverage our capabilities and proprietary technology to design, market, distribute and accelerate brands on a global scale. We’re continually cultivating functional areas of expertise and retaining the highest caliber of talent — while sharing knowledge and data, creating efficiencies, and looking at every aspect of our client’s business from a 360 perspective. We work effectively to give every client the hands-on support, niche knowledge, and first-access they need to win in the world’s most competitive commerce markets and make each of our six capabilities the first to act on the next big things.
We live for the exchange of energy between brands and audiences, you should too, and we’ve made it our mission to expand every brand’s market share and heart share. Because we believe every transaction has the potential to be transformational.
We leverage data-driven insights from Catapult, our proprietary technology, and our deep understanding of marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart.com, TikTok Shop, to craft strategies unique to each brand we work with while protecting their pricing and channel strategies at every lifecycle stage and in any global market.
The VP of Logistics will report to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for leading the warehousing and distribution, domestic trucking, and international logistics functions of our company. The VP of Logistics will manage the day to day flow of inventory to Amazon FBA as well as to our 3rd party warehouses, optimize the warehousing function to gain efficiency in lead time and cost. We are looking for an operations professional that is a strong communicator and presenter, and very analytical and able to drive gross margin through practical analysis and action plans within the product process flow.
- Manage a high performing logistics team through goal setting and fostering an environment of ongoing
- improvement through feedback, mentoring and training.
- Oversee the Company’s operational reporting to ensure our distribution and logistics service levels are maintained.
- Manage and improve the inventory days on hand and lead times for a fast-paced, high volume, multi-sku (4,000+ sku) digital retail environment.
- Be adept at giving presentations explaining operational dynamics to non operational audiences both internally and externally to clients.
- Collaborate with the CFO and the leadership team to improve gross margin by optimizing logistics and performing kitting and bundling of products in our warehouses.
- Oversee the import and export logistics function at the company partnering with freight forwarders and customs brokers to optimize the flow of product.
- Build relationships with external partners including operational leaders at clients, 3PL warehouses, truckers, freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- 10+ years of experience in an operational leadership role developing processes and driving cost savings while ensuring high service levels.
- Prior logistics and warehousing experience with Amazon marketplace and Ecommerce operations is required.
- Experience managing several 3PL warehouses doing distribution, warehousing, kitting and labeling of various products.
- Must be analytical with a proven track record of driving gross profit improvement
- Experience in finding, negotiating and integrating with 3PL warehouses.
- Experience building processes and a team to scale a hyper growth business
- Leadership presence and the ability to communicate across functions
- Proven track record of team development and improvement
- Experience using and integrating with ERP systems (NetSuite is a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- Health, dental and vision
- Summer Fridays
- Educational stipend
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Work with a fun, consultative team of experts
- Location - headquartered in SoHo, New York City with offices in San Diego, Hamburg and Bratislava
SALARY RANGE - $200,000 - $300,000